KILLERFIT GYM RULES
1. Cheer, clap, and encourage others. Anything less is to cheat yourself of the experience, and to rob others of the gift of your presence and support as part of the community.
2. Accidents and injuries happen and usually come as a result of impatience. Don’t be greedy. Slow down. Ask questions. Ask for help. Remember, our gym is small, so always be aware of others around you as you work out.
3. EMPTY barbells were not designed to be dropped (neither were dumbbells or kettlebells). We don’t want our toys, our rubber flooring, you, or someone else broken unnecessarily. Barbells with 10# or above plates on can be dropped, but try not to drop from overhead, only from shoulder height or below.
4. Chalk is useful, even necessary. It is also messy. Use as much as you need, but keep the excess inside the chalk bucket because all the extra dust breaks vacuum cleaners and it is difficult to clean up!
5. Clean up and put away all equipment after each workout. Clean up sweat, spit, blood, chalk, dirt, vomit, handprints, and whatever else you’ve left behind.
6. Loud music, grunting, screaming, cussing and otherwise making noise are all welcome and encouraged during a workout. There is such a thing as gentle, quiet strength, although most of us haven’t mastered that yet. Just please be cognizant of the neighbors and the time of day for deciding appropriate levels of noise. i.e., 7am or 10pm wouldn’t be a great time to blast music full volume.
7. If you are going to throw up during or after a WOD, be sure to make it in the designated puke buckets or in the grass outside of the garage.
8. Check your ego at the door. Winning is NOT everything. Improving yourself IS! So, no WOD Cheating. Proper form and bettering yourself is more important than speed, and if you miscount reps just to finish faster than someone else you are hurting yourself and your progress. So only compete with yourself, and focus on your own form and reps. If you lose count of your reps, better to do more than not enough.
9. KillerFit gym is run by donations, which are used to buy more equipment. So if there is something we don’t have that you want us to have, please feel free to donate the item or cash towards it. We have a whole list of things we are hoping to get for us all to enjoy! The more equipment we have, the more fun we can all have!
10. Have fun! KillerFit gym is about fitness, fun and friendship. We want you to come in and workout hard and have fun! So, feel free to bring a friend or family member – workouts are so much more fun with others.